Sunday, October 3, 2010

In the middle of another killer session

Decided to log in another session Sunday night before bed, and once again I had a monsterrrrr session. I have no idea how much I'm up right now because I'm playing down on all my really good tables. I just flopped quads and someone bluffed a ton of money into me :) It's actually really tricky to play quads (I had TT on TT5) because no one can have jack shit. So essentially you need to check back/slowplay the flop and hope they catch a piece on the turn, because there's no way they can have anything there. However, whats interesting about that spot is you could possibly raise there which accomplishes two things. First it looks like you're full of shit (to some people) and also if they have 66-99 you can get a lot of money in on the flop instead of having a scare card hit the turn. Generally I would much rather just slowplay the flop and let them hit a piece, but if someone nittyish called out of the blinds, their hand is so faceup. You can probalby bet/raise the flop and inflate the pot.

Anyways, enough of the quad value extraction theory talk, I never flop quads anyways. I got bigger leaks to talk about and fix.

Something that albert has been doing that I've been thinking about is isoing players really light. It looks really stupid when you watch him do it, and I didn't think i was missing much value (if any at all) by just folding the raggy hands. Today during my session I tried isoing a lot lighter since I was running so good. After a few fails I was like wtf is going on, and I think I found several important factors when it comes to isoing that light. Just isoing + cbetting in general is borderline profitable even if you do it blindly, but you can save yourself a lot of trouble by finding the "right" spots. I thought about it a lot more, and I think the textbook "iso" spot contains most if not all of the following elements: a) 1-2 fish who limp and have a 60%+ fold to cbet b) straightforward regs, nits, or fish (who fit #a) in the blinds. Notice how I purposely did not include your hand, because your holdings are pretty negligible here. I think it's fine to do it with K6s, 45o, J8, etc etc, but I would definitely limp behind 22-77 if it was multiway and iso if it was one person. When we have air, we want a heads up pot so we have a higher cbet success rate. When we have 22-77, a hand that flops well multiway, we want lots of people in the hand to have a higher stack-a-donk rate. For lack of a better term.

I just finished the session and it looks like I'm up +$217 over 1k hands. Jesus I am running hotter than the sun 8-) I'm running like $30 above EV now which is a very nice change for once. That allin pre with KK vs JTs really had me sweating. Albert said he would sweat but he didn't get the chance to so that kind of sucks, but oh well. Crushing still feels good when I'm crushing alone hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment