Saturday, October 2, 2010

Huge starting session

Started my October with an amazing 50NL session. I played a little bit of rush and lost almost a buyin so I'm kind of giving up on rush for now. It's fun to put in hands through rush, but the game is completely different. It's not even about cards anymore, its about re-restealing and redline poker. I'd rather flop sets all day and get paid. More importantly, I like being able to play against players where I can identify their player type and make the best decision based off reads.

Anyways, my session was +300 which is 6 buyins. I played over a span of 3 hours and obviously ran really well. I lost a really big pot with KK vs AK, but I coolered someone with AA vs KK so that made up for it. My allin EV is looking good this month and it's nice and even where it should be. Hopefully I won't run like ass like back in September, but its only the start of the month and anything can happen.

Albert and I finalized our prop bets and its going as follows. 30k hands by 12 AM November 1st, his 240 to my 200. I'm getting 1.2:1 because he's more of a grinder than I am and its my second month back at poker. Next month we'll kick up the volume and put it at even odds. I wanted to do 35k hands because 30k sounds really do-able and I like having a challenge, but I guess 35k will have to wait til next month.

Albert and I did a hand history review and those are pretty fun, but I wish I could sweat him or vice versa. Those sweats are also really helpful in improving my game in the more standard spots. I had one really crazy hand where I folded a straight bvb. Villain is like 12/4 here and I don't think hes ever bluffing river. Albert and I both agreed it was a fold, but jesus... try folding a straight mid session especially blind vs blind. It's the right thing to do in this spot, but still it hurt me pressing that fold button.

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGsojackso$104.05
UTG+1mex_pauer$17.50
COnicodelvalle$50
BTNTonyMontana766$74
SBAFchung X$50
BBNITTYOLDMAN$50.65
  • Pre-Flop ($0.75, 6 players)Hero is SB
  • sQ h9
4 folds, AFchung X raises to $1.50, NITTYOLDMAN calls $1
  • Flop ($3, 2 players)
  • c6 dK dT
AFchung X bets $2, NITTYOLDMAN calls $2
  • Turn ($7, 2 players)
  • hJ
AFchung X bets $5, NITTYOLDMAN calls $5
  • River ($17, 2 players)
  • s6
AFchung X bets $12, NITTYOLDMAN goes all-in $42.15, AFchung X folds
  • Final Pot: $71.15
  • NITTYOLDMAN wins $69.10 (net +$18.45)
  • AFchung X lost $20.50

No comments:

Post a Comment